April 2, 2010

fifty people, one question

Where would you wish to wake up tomorrow?


Fifty People, One Question: Brooklyn from Fifty People, One Question on Vimeo.

I adore the woman with the red baret.

Fifty people, one question is a project I came across a while ago, and really fell in love with.  The videos are pretty self explanatory - fifty different people, one location, one question.  They only have five videos now, but each time I watch one of the videos, a new person or a new answer will stand out to me.  They're all beautiful, but my favorites are the "If you could wake up anywhere" videos in Brooklyn and in London (the boy with the curly hair at the beginning of the London video breaks my heart every single time).

If I could wake up anywhere tomorrow?  I thought about this for quite a while, and I thought about how much I would love to wake up in Boston, one of my favorite cities, or how I'd love to start my day to the sound of the waves and the cool wind while camping on the beach somewhere, or that I'd like to awake somewhere in Europe and see the sights there.  But honestly, after giving it some thought - I would want to wake up in my own bed with Kevin.  Not because I don't long for these other places in the world, or wish to explore other scenery, but because I'm so excited and content to wake up here, in my beautiful little home in LA, with the person I love more than anything and with the people I hold so dearly so close by.  I truly anticipate what each day will bring and what new experiences and opportunities will come my way.  I'm really loving my life, the people that I share my days with and what I'm doing right here, right now.  So if I could wake up anywhere, it would be in my lovely bed, with the warm sun shining in through my window.  Because I really wouldn't want to be anywhere else and miss a moment of this wonderful life I have been so lucky to live.

1 comment: