May 27, 2010

macarons

 

This weekend will be dedicated to two things - birthday party preparations for my darling Summer and baking. In addition to a few other baked goods (madelines, muffins and bananas bread?), I plan to finally make Macarons.  I have wanted to make these delicious beauties for some time now but can never seem to find a good recipe, so when I walked in to Anthropologie and discovered i ♥ macarons, I had no choice but to purchase it.  In addition to some great recipes in this book, there is some divine food styling and photography, which I'm a real sucker for.  I cannot wait to fill the house with the sweet smell of these little pastries cooking!  Word on the street is they are really difficult to perfect, but after reading multiple recipes, I really don't see what could be so tricky about them.  I'm not too worried - I heard the same thing about baking madelines and had no problem with those either...I suppose I shall see this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment